Elle Woods is coming to Manila! Legally Blonde, the Musical, based on the hit film starring Reese Witherspoon, will star Nikki Gil when it premieres in Manila in June 2010.Nikki, who has started the vocal and dance preparation needed for the demanding role says, “I’m very excited to have been chosen to play Elle Woods. It’s a challenge in terms of stamina and vocal preparation so I really have to work hard.”
In Legally Blonde, the Musical, sorority star Elle Woods doesn’t take “no” for an answer. So when her boyfriend dumps her for someone “serious,” Elle puts down the credit card, hits the books, and sets out to go where no Delta Nu has gone before: Harvard Law. Along the way, Elle proves that being true to yourself never goes out of style.
Nikki who is now being managed by Arnold Vegafria has a new album titled Somebody to Love. It contains songs written by Wency Cornejo, Arnie Mendoza, Dan Gil, Marcus Davis and Chito Ilagan. Boyfriend Billy Crawford contributed the song You Are My Life. Other cuts in the album are I’ll Be Yours, Bawat Hakbang, Don’t Break My Heart, I Will Be Loving You, among others.
1. An indecent proposal comes your way, what do you do?
I would politely turn it down and take a good look at the woman I have become and ask, why such a proposal would be thrown my way.
2. If you are not who you are, who would you be and why?
I’d still be involved with mass media but perhaps behind the scenes. The industry has always excited me.
3. On a bad hair day, what do you do?
I pull my hair up in a tight, clean pony tail, wear big earrings and a top that shows off my bare shoulders.
4. If you have a third eye, where would it be located?
A literal eye? It would be at the back of my head so I can see who among the people I work with roll their eyeballs when I walk by.
5. Are you more of your father or your mother? How?
My father says I’m exactly like my mother. Which is why he feels he can effectively coach my boyfriend on how to deal with me. We’re both assertive, but extremely sensitive.
6. The best actor (in the world) of all time?
Robert de Niro. One night he annoys me as the overprotective Jack Byrnes in Meet the Parents, and the next night makes me cry as Mr.Goode in Everybody’s Fine.
7. You are given the opportunity to work with any actor in Hollywood, who would you choose? Why?
If it were some fantasy acting stint, I’d love to work with Johnny Depp. I’d love to have been the Alice to his Mad Hatter.
8. If you had the power to change one thing in this world, what would it be?
Rid this world of greed. It is the root of all evil.
9. You are 60, where are you and what are you doing?
I am on a first class flight to Manila from Europe where I am now based. I am flying with my husband to meet up with my children who live there and who have families of their own.
10. What is your philosophy in life?
In every decision that I make, I’d like to be able to say ‘I’m glad I did’ rather than ‘I wish I had’.
11. Would you kill to save a loved one?
Yes. I would.
12. What is money to you?
It is both a blessing and a curse. It depends on how you use it.
13. A book will be written about you. What would be its title?
Swimming Against the Tide.
14. How do you pray?
I talk to God as if I were talking to a dear friend, a Lover, a Father, and a Master all at the same time.
15. When was the time you really hated your job?
When a certain director asked me to choose between my studies and my career, insisting that doing both was impossible.
16. The most beautiful name of a man?
Dino. Half the reason for why I exist.
17. How do you tell a man that you like him?
I don’t. My high school teacher says, “The best way to flirt is not to flirt.” Surprisingly, it works!
18. Roses or chocolates?
Chocolates. I have made it part of my food groups.
19. You are a perfume, what brand are you? Why?
Clean. Because I like keeping myself clean both inside and out.
20. Who is your favorite director? Why?
I don’t think I’ve worked with enough directors to be able to pick a favorite. All of them have taught me something that has added to the artist that I am becoming.
21. If love has a tag price, how much are you willing to spend?
For real love? I’d give everything, and just spend the rest of my life paying it off.
22. What is the one trait that you do not like to see in others?
23. What turns you on? What turns you off?
Guys who smell good, speak well, and have a sense of humor turn me on. Guys who are narcissistic, timid, have bad breath, and are too vain turn me off.
24. What do you hate most about yourself?
I’m too sensitive. I don’t take criticism or disparaging remarks well. I find it hard to shut out other people’s opinions.
25. Rate yourself as a lover?
On a scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being Most Experienced, I’d say I’m a 4.
26. If there is a name in your heart right now, who is he?
27. The worst tsismis you heard about you?
That I had an attitude problem just because certain people didn’t get what they wanted from me.
28. How do you handle fame?
I look at it as something that is temporary. It’s a gift that was given to me. And something that I must use for good while I have it. To whom much is given much is required.
29. The downside of being famous?
You sometimes forget how it feels to be human. You can’t have bad days, you can’t be in a bad mood, you cannot be seen hurting when bad comments are thrown at you, you can’t feel tired, and you can’t want rest.
First Posted: DIRECTLINE By Boy Abunda
The Philippine Star